The role of the EarthCheck Research Institute is to:
- Provide advice on sustainability and climate change issues facing the global travel and tourism industry.
- Provide advice and assistance to industry on the changing needs of mandated reporting standards for climate change and sustainability.
- Provide information and ideas on new research to address industry needs.
- Provide open, objective and transparent scientific and technical input.
- Recommend research teams from around the world to complete research work.
The history of the Earthcheck research institute
In June 2010, the Sustainable Tourism Cooperative Research Centre (STCRC), the world’s largest research centre in sustainable tourism, completed its formal agreement with the Australian Commonwealth Government and evolved into two international legacy projects: the not-for-profit EarthCheck Research Institute (ERI) and the APEC International Centre for Sustainable Tourism.