Next Session: 29-30 May, 2019
The EarthCheck Design Accredited Professional (EDAP) course provides specialised training that focuses on the application of the EarthCheck Building Planning and Design Standard (BPDS), business case for holistic sustainable design, certification process and practical exercises to implement social elements and environmentally responsive design.
This course is ideal for architects, engineers, construction managers, facility managers, interior designers and anyone else interested in sustainability and green building design. As a qualified EDAP, you will gain knowledge and hone your skills to integrate sustainability thinking and action into the design, construction and operations of the built environment.
Learning outcomes include:
- Gain an overview of sustainable development and EarthCheck BPDS
- Recognise the impact that EarthCheck BPDS has on the environment and community – thinking beyond the development phase
- Understand the business case for clients achieving EarthCheck Sustainable Design Certification
- Apply EarthCheck BPDS to different types of built assets
- Obtain an industry recognised skillset to guide projects through the EarthCheck Sustainable Design Certification process.
- Receive recognition for involvement in the EarthCheck certification process
The EDAP Qualification equips building professionals to work with stakeholders and EarthCheck Design tools. Individuals who have achieved EDAP status have unique benefits which include the following:
- Recognition of Leadership and Expertise in EarthCheck Design Certification. Becoming a qualified EDAP means professionals have taken time to understand the tool, why it is important and how it will assist you in supporting more sustainable outcomes for your clients.
- Futureproofing careers. With over 1,000 clients across 70 countries, demand for EarthCheck qualified professionals continues to grow.
- Demonstration of commitment to ongoing professional development.