Next Session: 29-30 May, 2019
The need to identify qualified professionals who have the knowledge and skills to integrate sustainability thinking and action into the design, construction and operations of the built environment is growing significantly.
The EarthCheck Design Accredited Professional (EDAP) course focuses on the application of the EarthCheck Building Planning and Design Standard (BPDS), the business case for holistic sustainable design, certification process and practical exercises.
Learning outcomes include:
- Gain an overview of the EarthCheck BPDS and the associated services and tools included in program;
- Recognise the impact that the EarthCheck BPDS has on the environment and community – thinking beyond the development phase;
- Recognise the impact that the EarthCheck BPDS has on project teams and developers;
- Understand the business case for clients achieving EarthCheck Sustainable Design Certification;
- Understand the application of the EarthCheck BPDS to different types of built assets;
- Provide guidance and technical support to projects on fulfilling the requirements of the EarthCheck BPDS;
- Provide guidance on documenting and collating supporting evidence for submission; and
- Obtain an industry recognised skillset allowing the EDAP to guide projects through the EarthCheck Sustainable Design Certification process.
The EDAP Qualification equips building professionals to work with stakeholders and EarthCheck Sustainable Design tools. Individuals who have achieved EDAP status have unique benefits which include the following:
- Recognition of Leadership and Expertise in EarthCheck Design Certification. Becoming a qualified EDAP means professionals have taken time to understand the tool, why it is important and how it will assist you in supporting more sustainable outcomes for your clients.
- Futureproofing careers. With over 1,000 clients across 70 countries, demand for EarthCheck qualified professionals continues to grow.
- Demonstration of commitment to ongoing professional development.