Building Planning and Design Standard Specialisation
- Green leadership and sustainability leadership in development, design and construction.
- Carbon neutral (net zero) and carbon positive development.
- Sustainable design examples and the return on investment for sustainability.
- The EarthCheck sustainable design process and certification.
Already interested? Click the button below to register your interest or email your questions to email@example.com.
EarthCheck offers sustainable design courses, workshops and accreditations via the EarthCheck Training Academy online platform. The sustainability courses for EDAP provide specialised training that focus on the application of the EarthCheck design standards and certification processes which embed green leadership and sustainability leadership through sustainable building development and sustainable asset management.
Our Sustainable design training is ideal for architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, ecologists, construction managers, asset managers and building developers who understand that in sustainability, what is measured can be managed. Applicants will receive access to a host of training material that reveals insight about EarthCheck, the design certification process, sustainable design principles, sustainable design examples, the collaborative design process, green buildings, carbon neutral buildings (Net-Zero), carbon positive buildings, and the business case for the holistic sustainable design approach.
Young sustainability professionals and seasoned industry experts alike can gain recognition for their commitment to training that helps to deliver socially and environmentally responsible design through the EarthCheck design certification process.
If you would like to know more about sustainable design training, the EarthCheck Design Accredited Professional (EDAP) role or the EarthCheck Building Planning and Design Standard (BPDS) our team will be happy to help. Reach out to us today and our team will arrange a meeting to share insight, helping you to:
- Gain an overview of sustainable development and the BPDS;
- Recognise the impact that EarthCheck BPDS has on the environment and community – thinking beyond the development phase;
- Understand the business case for clients achieving certification;
- Understand the opportunities related to return on investment for sustainable design;
- Understand how to apply EarthCheck BPDS to different types of built assets;
- Obtain an industry recognised skillset to guide projects through the BPDS certification process; and
- Receive accreditation and recognition for your commitment to training in the EarthCheck certification processes.
Developer and asset operator confidence in sustainable outcomes grows when EDAP's are actively involved early in the BPDS Process. With clients across 70 countries, demand for the BPDS and EDAP's continues to grow. As a professional who is interested in accessing opportunities and contributing to the future of sustainable building development across the world please register your interest using the form below and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly.
How much does the training cost?
The EDAP course is provided by online delivery and is available 24/7 for a regular flat fee of AUD$550 (excl GST) per annum.
What fees can I charge for my EDAP services?
EDAP’s who are selected to oversee the sustainability performance of an EarthCheck BPDS or Precinct Planning and Design Standard (PPDS) project can liaise with the project development company to determine appropriate rates of pay for their services as an EDAP. EarthCheck is not involved in the negotiation or payment of EDAP services.
Will EarthCheck allocate projects to me?
There is no guarantee that projects will be allocated to an EDAP immediately preceding the successful completion of their training. However, when clients inform EarthCheck of their desire for EDAP services, a bidding process follows, and selection is up to the discretion of the client's project team.