The EarthCheck Sustainable Destinations Program is a worldwide network of destinations that aim to achieve world-leading sustainability outcomes. Supported by the EarthCheck benchmarking, certification and performance improvement system, the program uses EarthCheck science to tackle environmental and social problems such as climate change, waste reduction and non-renewable resource management.
You can’t manage what you don’t measure
Based on the fundamental belief that ‘what gets measured, gets managed’ the core of EarthCheck’s Sustainable Destinations Program is measurement. Only when a destination fully understands its footprint can it make informed decisions to take action.
The EarthCheck program helps destinations measure and monitor their environmental and social impact, and prepare and track that performance against their own targets and the performance of other communities. Members of EarthCheck’s Sustainable Destinations program have access to training and capacity building programs together with independent auditing.
- A leading-edge online data-entry measurement and benchmarking tool
- An integrated, user-friendly platform
- Support from a dedicated Relationship Manager
- An independent, third-party performance audit
- Annual benchmarking reports with comparisons of baselines and best practice performance
- Environmental leadership
- Enables sustainability to be promoted as a market asset
Current EarthCheck Destinations are located in Mexico, New Zealand, Iceland and Australia.