Driven by science and focused on delivering outcomes, EarthCheck's internationally recognised Design Standard provide a holistic framework that promotes leadership and innovation in planning and design. Created specifically for the travel and tourism industry, the standards produce a demonstrable return on investment.
PLANNING AND DESIGNING YOUR FUTURE
The EarthCheck Building Planning and Design Standard (BPDS) provides guidelines, tools and indicators used for assessment and certification and to assist designers, architects and developers in the planning and design phase of sustainable buildings.
BENEFITS OF THE STANDARD:
- Access to best practice performance data for similar property types in country or region.
- Third-party assessment and certification.
- A framework for integration of social and community outcomes.
- Guidelines for protecting and enhancing natural areas.
- Identification of options to reduce operational and maintenance costs.
- Reduced energy use, waste production and environmental impacts.
- An ability to produce a potential best practice, award-winning building or precinct.
- Ongoing support to ensure continuous improvement of your property's operational performance.